NGOsource cares deeply about the health and safety of our staff, partners, NGOs, and members. We hope that you are taking the necessary precautions to protect yourselves and your loved ones.
What We Are Doing
As you know, NGOsource is based in San Francisco, where a “shelter in place” order is currently active. Like many organizations, NGOsource has been forced to go fully remote. This is a particularly high volume time for NGOsource, and our small staff is making every effort to adjust to these new circumstances. However, we are experiencing delays due to reduced resources and staff juggling unanticipated care obligations resulting from school closures and other events. We would nonetheless like to reassure our grantmaker members and NGOs that we continue to work on EDs, making every effort to respond to your requests and questions in a timely manner. We ask for your patience as we work to maintain our promptest turnaround times.
Please see below for additional information and resources for both grantmakers and NGOs.
Grantmaker Information and Resources
Looking to support NGOs on the frontlines of the virus? See below for a handful of courageous actors and useful resources from our members and partners around COVID-19:
- Access TechSoup’s COVID-19 Recovery Fund, which aims to ensure that grassroots nonprofits have the support they need to keep serving their communities throughout the crisis and beyond.
- Learn more about the COVID-19 Response Fund and its goals here.
- The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) is one of NGOsource's 9 global partners, assisting NGOs in the Asia Pacific region through the ED process. HKCSS has turned its full 180-person workforce into a mini factory, distributing 1 million masks to community centers within their network.
- The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), currently certified in the NGOsource repository, is conducting research and issuing regular situation reports on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
- The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation (CEPI), currently certified in the NGOsource repository, is engaged in multiple coronavirus vaccine development partnerships.
- Give2Asia, an NGOsource grantmaker member, is partnering with local NGOs across Asia to support frontline health workers and institutions responding to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, an NGOsource grantmaker member, has already invested well over 100 million dollars in global response to COVID-19.
NGO Information and Resources
See below for a host of discounted and donated online conferencing and communications tools, courses, stories, tips, and other resources available via TechSoup:
- Overview of COVID-19 resources
- Remote work during COVID-19
- Understanding the video conferencing tools available to your nonprofit
- Courses and digital skills center
- Serving Nonprofits Through the COVID-19 Pandemic (Stories from around the TechSoup Global Network)
We are thinking of all of you changemakers at this time. Stay safe and healthy!