We do the work, so you can focus on grantmaking.
Done independently, the equivalency determination (ED) process differs from grantmaker to grantmaker and can result in incompatible or subjective findings. Costs also vary, often ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 per ED if you’re using outside counsel. NGOsource reduces duplication of efforts across the philanthropic sector. Our centralized repository and in-house counsel increases affordability by centralizing the collection of ED information and by providing you with a reliable, standardized, and easy-to-use service.
NGOsource offers the following benefits:
- Reduced risk — Grantmakers no longer bear the burden of lengthy, risk-laden determinations.
- Streamlined process — Our centralized information collection minimizes redundancy, increases efficiency, and standardizes the ED process.
- No need for specialized staff — Our highly qualified team eliminates the need for internal ED expertise or external legal counsel.
- Reduced NGO burden — With our standardized questionnaire, NGOs are no longer tasked with providing duplicative or incongruent data from one grantmaker to the next.
- Lowered costs — Grantmakers experience long-term cost and time savings.
- Full service determinations — We pursue the information that's needed, stay abreast of complex IRS and country-specific laws, communicate with the NGO, and make the determination of equivalency.
- Improved grantee experience — The NGO can interact with us and our partners in its local language and during its business hours whenever possible.
- Convenient availability — With our bench of experts, our ED services are available year-round, without interruption.
- Anytime access — Request new EDs and track the status of your ED requests at any time and at your convenience using our online Grantmaker Portal.
- Consistent turnaround time — Our dedicated team and partners provide superior NGO support, leading to more complete and timelier ED submissions.
- Increased cross-border philanthropy — By providing an efficient ED process, management and staff are able to devote more time and energy to programs and to deepening grantee relationships.
Ready to join? Apply now.